For those of you who are not familiar with Yalla Apps, they are part of the Microsoft’s Global Publisher Program where they are authorized by Microsoft to submit your Apps to the Windows Phone Marketplace in your behalf.
The Microsoft Global Publisher Program allows third-party companies to publish developer applications under the Global Publisher’s name and using the Global Publisher’s Windows Phone Marketplace account for developers in countries or regions where App Hub has not yet launched.
So are you excited to have your apps in the Windows Phone Marketplace? Here is the step-by-step guide for your reference:
1. Go to http://www.yallaapps.com/en/signup
2. Join and register as a new user.
– Select Country – Philippines
– Choose your account type – Student
– Type in your University e-mail or Live ID
– Click on Verify to verify your e-mail address
3. You will be asked to log-in to your Windows Live account
– Type in your username and password to log-in to your Windows Live ID
4. You will be redirected to the Dreamspark website and will be asked to verify your account
– Select country – Philippines
– Select your preferred verification type
– Through your School – Please input your official university/Live@Edu e-mail
– By using a Verification code from Microsoft (Request code here)
– Click on Verify to verify your account
5. Click on Continue. You will be redirected to the Yalla Apps website.
– Please take note that the word “Verified” should be beside your email address
6. Enter all the required information and click on Next
7. Edit your profile and click on Next
8. Review your personal details and click on Confirm Registration
9. Congratulations! You have successfully registered for Yalla Apps! Please note that your Membership Status should be Valid and your Account Type should be Student.
To view your credit Balance and Transaction History, click on “Balance/Transaction History.” You should receive 100 credits after your first registration to Yalla Apps.
In addition to uploading apps, students can also use their Yalla Apps account to unlock one Windows Phone unit. However, students will need to upload at least 1 app before they can avail of this service.
So what are you waiting for? Register now, upload your apps to the Windows Phone Marketplace and build your portfolio of app projects!
Need inspiration? Check out these apps developed by Pinoy students like you: https://msacadph.wordpress.com/wp7-student-apps/
If you have any questions about this program, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.