The S2B program is under the Local Software Economy initiative of Microsoft. It aims to promote employability for careers in IT industries. The program supports this through online and offline activities for students, startups, and IT companies. The activities are focused on Skilling, Recruiting, and Connecting the next generation of IT leaders.
To increase the competency of the new developers and technology professionals joining the workforce, S2B conducted several Career Booster Workshops for graduating students. The sessions were held in the Microsoft office last March 7, 9, and 10. A total of 246 graduating students were trained on Visual Studio 2008, SQL Server 2008, Windows Server 2008, and Silverlight. Students were also given IT Academy Student Passes, a special no-cost online learning opportunity for university students to help them pass Microsoft certification exams.
- Asia Pacific College
- Assumption College
- Ateneo de Manaila University
- Bulacan State University
- Cavite State University
- Colegio de San Juan de Letran
- College of St. Benilde
- De La Salle University – Manila
- De La Salle University – Dasmarinas
- Far Eastern University – East Asia College
- Informatics Computer Institute
- Mapua Institute of Technology
- New Era University
- Olivarez College
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
- Philippine Chrsitian University
- Polytechnic University of the Philppines
- Quezon City Polytechnic Univeristy
- University of Sto. Tomas
- University of the Philippines
- Junior Philippine Computer Society
Linking the students to job opportunities, S2B organized the Career Day on March 13. This event is only open to graduating students. Over 200 registered and walk-in students attended the company talks, browsed through the job postings, interacted with hiring companies, took job exams and interviews, and signed up for the S2B portal.
- SM Supermalls
- SM Retail
- Microsoft Philippines
- Gurango Software
- Eastwind Group
- New Horizons
We cannot organize a job fair every day, but we continue to bridge the gap between students and employment through the S2B Portal (http://www.s2bprogram.com/philippines). This portal not only does online job matching but gives valuable resources to students to help them get more competencies. We also promote career events from our partners in this portal.
FREE CERTIFICATION VOUCHERS: Students who attended the Career Booster + Career Day + signed up in the S2B portal will get FREE Microsoft Certification Exam Vouchers! A total of 200 exam vouchers will be given away.
We would like to acknowledge and thank our speakers during the Career Booster Workshops for imparting their valuable time and knowledge to train the graduating students.
- Victor Tañedo – Microsoft Student Partner / Ateneo
- Franz Joseph Mendoza – Microsoft Student Partner / Philippine Christian University
- John Delizo – PHIWUG
- Glenn Gamboa – PHISSUG / MVP for SQL
- Eduardo Lorenzo – PHINUG / MVP for ASP.NET
- Falemar Tanada – PHIWUG
- Pauline Villacastin – Technology Evangelist, Server & Tools